Chromebooks | Getting Started
Use this link to unpack, and connect up the Chromebook!
Use this link to learn how to get a Google Account sign-in and password!
Use this link to get access to a Virtual Windows 10 Desktop - just like a computer in an FVTC Lab!
|STEP 4: SAVE-UP
This link will walk you through the steps to save your work using OneDrive
How do I log out of the Virtual Desktop?
There are just a few quick steps to get you on your way.
- You can either go in your Windows Desktop,
Click on the Start menu,
Click on the avatar (circled in yellow)
And click on sign out
- OR you can go to the top of the page where you see this triangle (which is right below your camera) and click on it
- And then click on the X that appears in the sub-menu.
- Finally, the Citrix Workspace application can be closed, by click on the X in the top right corner
How do get back in to the Virtual Desktop?
Now that you have the app installed, you can get to it like any app on your Chromebook.
- Click on the circle on the far left....
- Or look to see if you have this set of icons.
- In the search area type, "Citrix" and you should get prompted with the Citrix Workspace app in your results.
- Click on the icon and it should ask you to sign back in!
How can I make that Citrix Workspace app stay as an icon on the screen, like short cut?
While you can always search for Citrix Workspace, it's much easier to PIN IT to the bottom of your Chrome book screen, or what Google calls the shelf!
- First launch or start up Citrix Workspace to you can see the icon in the Shelf.
- Then move and hover your cursor over the icon and use two fingers and tap on your little touchpad
- Two fingers is a "Right Click" on a Chromebook, and it should give you this menu
- Select the Pin option and that icon will stay put!
How can I save stuff on a USB Thumb Drive?
Do you have any more help online for using Citrix?
We sure do! Use this link to learn more: https://kb.fvtc.edu/citrix
Just be aware that many students use Google Chrome on a regular PC or Mac laptop to access Citirx -- so some of the information might seem different. The Citrix Workspace on your Chromebook lets you get into your Virtual Desktop easily on your Chromebook -- but, yes there are other ways to access that too!
So I see there is a Google Chrome icon, can I use that?
Absolutely! While you'll see Chrome is also in the Virtual Desktop, you might just need to look up something about an assignment in Blackboard or maybe check your email quick.
You can use the icon to get to any website for research or other access.