Chromebooks | Connect-Up
This is Step 3 to get your Chromebook running: Connect-up
You're almost ready to access FVTC computer resources just like in our labs!
- Click on the circle on the left, or the search bar in the middle and type in "Play" in a search box to get to the Google Play Store
PLEASE NOTE! If you do NOT see the Play Store --- please use this link: Chromebook | Reset your chromebook to like new
- Once in the Play Store, search for "Citrix Workspace" and click on the icon.
- Then click on Install
- When complete, you'll see the button change to Open
- As it installs you might get a few questions like this one:
We do recommend you "Allow" this first one -- but the next three prompts (for accessing your Google Phone, to record audio and know your location) are up to you.
- Click on Get Started
- On the next prompt you get -- you MUST enter in your nine-digit student ID number followed by @fvtc.edu
For example, email@example.com as shown in our example:
- Then you'll be prompted again - this time with a password. Here you ONLY enter your ID number and password.
- After some spinning, you should see the following screen:
- Look for the Desktop icon in the middle top
- Then click on Windows 10 General (or any other desktop you might see highlighted for your program).
- Eventually you will see a Windows 10 desktop presented on your screen!
You might also see a Paper Cut prompt -- simple click cancel
- Now you're ready to to to the next step: Click here to go to Step 4: Save-Up!
Or return to our main screen: Chromebooks | Getting Started