Student Support | FVTC Email Tips & Help
This page is intended to help you find easy ways to access your FVTC Email and general email help tips.
NOT SURE IF YOU HAVE AN FVTC EMAIL?
Visit our Email Policies & Procedures Information Page
How can I get my FVTC email on my phone or mobile device?
ANDROID USERS: We recommend downloading the Outlook app for your phone. Download the app and sign in with your nine-digit student ID number, followed by "@fvtc.edu" to set up your account and your FVTC Password. (i.e. - firstname.lastname@example.org) The built in mail app does not work as well for your device.
IPHONE USERS: You can use the built in Mail app or the Outlook app for your phone. Read on for instructions to add it on your iPhone.
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Scroll down and select Mail
- Select Accounts
- Select Add Account
- Select Microsoft Exchange
- Enter in your full student ID number, followed by "@fvtc.edu" as shown
- Then follow the prompts, which also give you the control to sync up email, calendars and contacts if you wish.
How can I get my FVTC email at work using my work's Outlook?
Talk with your employer's IT department. If you currently use Outlook at your work to view that account, you might be able to add the FVTC account to monitor right in the same window.
Outlook does allow for multiple accounts to be monitored. But each employer may have different rules.
If you need the server name, please use outlook.office365.com for inbound and outbound mail.
If that doesn't work, see below for how to access your email in an open web browser you use.
How can I get my FVTC email easily, when I also check my personal account using a web browser?
Are there any other ways to get my email on my phone?
Another option is to download the Outlook app from the iTunes or Google Play stores. Then you can add all of your accounts, your FVTC, Google, Yahoo and others into one app and see all your accounts in one spot.
Why does FVTC require me to use FVTC email?
Another reason is consistency. Many instructors already require students to use FVTC email for class communication. This creates a consistent policy for all program students.
I still have questions, who can I contact?
The FVTC Helpdesk can be contacted for assistance with setting up your phone, your office computer or even walking you through options to set-up your browser. Contact us at: email@example.com or 920-735-5644 or stop by our offices in Appleton in A120.
Who can get a FVTC email account?
- Program students - All program students receive an @fvtc.edu email address and will have this set as his/her preferred email. They will NOT be able to change their preferred email address to a personal email address. Applying for a program does not grant an @fvtc.edu email address, students must be admitted in a program to receive the email address.
- General public (Personal Professional Development (PPD)) – PPD students do not receive an @fvtc.edu email address. They will retain the ability to select a preferred email address and will use a personal address for communicating with FVTC.