Chromebooks | Save-Up
This is Step 4 to get your Chromebook running: Save-up with OneDrive
Now that you have your Chromebook set-up, logged in and you're on the Virtual Desktop -- make sure you take ONE more step, so you can SAVE your stuff!
You'll use OneDrive to do this and you'll need to make sure you do this step each time you log in!
- First in your Virtual Desktop Window, look in the bottom right corner and click on the small arrow and click on the blue OneDrive icon.
- Click on Sign-In
- Add in your Student ID number and @fvtc.edu
- Enter your password. click on Sign in and then follow the steps on screen.
You can go ahead and click on all Next buttons and Accept buttons to complete the process.
- To get to your OneDrive files, look at the bottom left corner of the screen and the File Explorer icon
- It likely will default to the "This PC" option as shown below.
- Make sure that your File Explorer lists "One Drive - Fox Valley Technical College" - then you know these are YOUR files!
- THEN! when you save your stuff, in Word for instance, follow these steps:
In Word, click on File and then Save As
Then we recommend clicking on "Browse"
- You'll see it goes again to the same This PC option
- So click again on OneDrive - Fox Valley Technical College on the left side
- Then you add in your name of your file and click on SAVE!
- Now, click on this link to go back to our Getting Started page to find more links to other helps and tips for your Chromebook!