Duo | First Time Users Guide
This article is a quick walk thru to get signed up and use Duo.
PLEASE NOTE! BEFORE YOU BEGIN: You will need to have a valid Employee username and password.
Until your Duo enrollment is complete, you might experience issues logging into some systems.
Step 1: Go to staff.fvtc.edu and sign in.
Step 2: Click Manage Duo Settings.
Step 3: Click Start Setup to begin.
Step 4: Choose the device you would like to enroll
If you decided to use your SMART PHONE
If you decided to use a LANDLINE
- For the best experience, we highly recommend using a smart phone. However, it is not required.
- You can use landline phones, such as your FVTC desk phone (or adjunct workstation), a personal home landline or cell phone. We recommend having multiple options.
- IF NONE OF THESE OPTIONS ARE CONVENIENT: You can request a hardware token (shown here), which will generate a unique code for your login attempts.
- Request one by calling the helpdesk: 920-735-5644.
How do I get in?
- Access Your Email or Blackboard
- Enter your user ID and password as normal – then use the Green boxes you see here, to send a push, call you or enter a passcode
- Access your MyFVTC Account or MyHR
- Append mode is used when there is no button to send a push or text box to enter a duo passcode.It uses this pattern when you enter your password: Your Password -- A Comma -- Then a command or codeSEND A PUSH TO THE DUOAPP ON YOUR PHONEUSE A CODE FROM YOURAPP OR YOUR TOKENHAVE DUO CALL YOURPRIMARY PHONE NUMBER
Example: MyPassword,push Example: MyPassword,123456 Example: MyPassword,phone1
Additional append mode information can be found on the official Duo Website here
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS? email@example.com or 920.735.5644