Connecting to FVTC's Virtual Private Network (VPN)
This page is viewed best in Google Chrome.
The VPN service at FVTC provides access to network resources from off-campus locations.
Once connected to VPN, on a college laptop or device, this will connect you to network drives (such as the O:\ drive) directly.
TO ACCESS THE FVTC VPN SERVICE:
- Look in your System Tray, by clicking on the up arrow (circled) in the bottom right corner
If you see the Cisco AnyConnect Icon -- it is installed on your machine. Go to Step 3.
If you don't see that - Go to Step 2
- Click on your Start menu and simply start typing: Cisco
If you see the following result: Cisco Any Connect Secure Mobility Client-App -- it is installed on you computer, Go to Step 3.
- Click on the icon in the system tray in Step 1 OR click on the app in the Search results from Step 2 to see this:
- Enter in the empty text box: vpn.fvtc.edu
- Click on Connect
- Enter in your User ID and Password
- Enter in your Duo Authentication information
- Click on the Accept banner.
- You can verify you are connected by clicking on the up arrow to reveal your hidden icons in the System Tray.
You should see a small lock by the AnyConnect icon.
- FINALLY! When you are done using VPN for the day (O drive access, or password change), please remember to Disconnect. Simply go back to your System Tray and clicking on that arrow and then click on the AnyConnect Icon:
- Click on Disconnect when you are done using the session.