Mitel | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
List of current Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a MiCollab Authorization Key?
You can do this yourself!
- Make sure that your MiCollab is running on your computer.
- Go to this website: https://micollab.fvtc.edu/ucs/micollab/ (This is your MiCollab access on the web).
- Log in using your staff email@example.com and password.
- Click on Settings.
- It should default to the General Settings.
- Click on Self Deployment on the right.
- Click on the QR code and it will authorize your MiCollab on your desktop.
- When you are prompted for a password, use your regular FVTC password.
How do I reset my PIN?
Give the helpdesk a call at 920-735-5644 or send them an email. They will reset it for you.
How do I redo my voicemail message?
How do I activate or de-activate call forwarding from my phone?
Please call Brad Hinzman at 920-735-5713 or send an email. There are a number of forwarding options to discuss.
How can I add 2, 3 or more people to my phone call?
If you have large groups, say, more than 3 total parties, we'd recommend a phone bridge.
You can find that information on how to do that and the steps to take on our intranet site here: https://intranet.fvtc.edu/adminservices/informationtechnology/Pages/AudioConferencingBridge.aspx
To simply add another caller or two -- follow these steps!
- Dial your first party.
- Look for your display screen to change. That will initiate a softkey, that says "Add User"
- Press that and then dial your next user.
- When they are on the line, the screen will change again and you'll key a new softkey that says "Join Calls."
- Then, after a brief moment, all three parties will be connected, and you should see the following on the display, indicating a three-party conference
- You can see that you can add another user too -- at this point, but it can be time consuming to keep adding callers. This is when we would recommend a phone bridge as noted above.
Why did we get a new phone system?
Our old AVAYA system was over 20 years old, and while still functioning, there were several issues occurring on a regular basis. The new system allows for better integration of our phones, services and staff directory assistance. For our students and customers, it means more reliable communication with our staff. The system will also allow us to use more features and communication tools to connect to staff, students and all customers.
Are we missing a question on this list?
Please submit your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org