Reset Your Default Browser From Edge
FVTC recommends using a browser other than Microsoft Edge when using most FVTC online resources.
If you are viewing this page automatically, we wanted you to be aware that you are using Microsoft Edge --
Fox Valley Technical College recommends that students and staff NOT use Microsoft Edge for most college applications.
While certain parts of online college resources may work in Edge, certain systems, such as MyFVTC Account and MyHR (for staff only) will not function properly.
We recommend you change your default browser using the following steps.
These instructions are for on campus workstations using Windows 10.
You can use these for a personal device, but your version may differ slightly from the screen shots.
- In the "Search" box next to your start menu, search for "Default"
- Click on the Default Programs icon
- Scroll down to the Web Browser option
- Click on the Browser icon you prefer (either Chrome or Internet Explorer is recommended)
- The computer may prompt you one more time to keep "Edge" as your default, click on "Switch Anyway"