Using Starboard Software
Getting started with Starboard software
Starting Starboard Software
1. Click the Starboard icon on your desktop.
2. If the desktop icon is missing click and type "starboard" in Windows.
3. Once started select standard settings for new session profile.
Starboard Floating Toolbar
1. The floating toolbar has options for pen, color, highlighters and more...
Pens: Default pen used for drawing, Intelli-Pen draws auto adjusting lines and shapes
Colors: Black, Red, Blue, Green
Highlighter: Highlighter, Chose highlight color in pen toolbar.
Annotate and save files using the Starboard
The following guide lists steps to draw and save a document.
1. The Starboard software starts in Normal-Pen mode used to draw on the whiteboard.
2. The Status bar in the upper corner displays pen type and page number.
3. Toolbar in lower left corner has configurable pen, color, and line properties.
4. The current page will auto scroll as you write or manually scroll the sidebar creating an infinite work space.
5. Save your document when closing the Starboard. The file saves as a proprietary (*.yar) file and can be re-opened using
Starboard software. To save as a PDF go to print menu and select Microsoft print to PDF.
Using the interactive desktop
Use Desktop mode to interact with the instructor workstation or draw on the desktop
1. Select the mouse icon to interact with computer and desktop.
2. In desktop mode use the the Select tool to open files and select objects.
3. Desktop mode creates new page in document and uses the desktop as a whiteboard.
4. To annotate on desktop select normal pen activating more options on toolbar.
5. Select previous page to go back or select new page icon to start another page.
Whiteboard Mode Desktop Mode
Starboard Screen Capture and Recording
Select Accessories icon drop down menu to access screen capture and recording settings.
1. To perform screen capture click accessories icon and select in drop down menu. Dialog box prompts for type of capture: Desktop, Window, Drag-Select, Freehand. Save as either *png *jpg or *bmp formats.
2. To start a screen recording click accessories icon and select in drop down menu. Press the record button to begin.
When finished press the stop recording button . When finished you can save as a Windows Media Video (*.wmv) file.
Using the gallery and uploading images
Use the Gallery tab to upload and use images for classroom instruction.
1. Select gallery tab on side menu to select files to upload. Search for images in your computer by selecting the My Files icon .
2. Images can be resized using the Select tool . Once image is resized change back to Normal-Pen mode to annotate.