How to Launch a Citrix Virtual Desktop
This document will outline the process of opening up a virtual desktop through Citrix.
1. Make sure you have the Citrix Workspace App for Windows, or Citrix Workspace App for Mac installed on your computer. Alternatively you can use the Citrix Workspace App for HTML5.
Below are guides outlining how to install or enable them.
- How to Enable the Citrix Workspace App for HTML5
- How to Install the Citrix Workspace App for Windows
- How to Install the Citrix Workspace App for Mac
2. Next you will need to log into the FVTC Citrix website. If you are not sure how to log into the FVTC Citrix website. Please use the link below:
3. Once you have the Workspace App installed/enabled and you are logged into the FVTC Citrix Website. You will see the following screen.
4. On the top bar of the Citrix website, click the "DESKTOPS" button.
5. Now find the desktop you wish to launch, and click the icon. (For this document I will choose the "Windows 10 General" desktop)
6. After you click the icon, the application will load
- If you are using the Citrix Workspace App for HTML5, the desktop will load in a new browser tab
- If you are using the Citrix Workspace App for Windows/Mac, the workspace application will launch and begin loading the desktop