Getting Started with Citrix on a Browser
This article will outline how to log in, and use citrix all from within a browser.
Citrix in the browser is modern feature that allows you to use desktops and applications all from within the browser. This feature is known as ‘Light Version’ which uses HTML5.
This means you do not need to install the Citrix receiver on your local machine. This can be done from any computer with an internet connection.
When using this feature, you cannot pass USB devices such as a Flash Drive, or Webcam through to the Citrix Application or Desktop. To save files, or load files from a local
desktop or laptop to the Citrix Application/Desktop, please follow this guide. (How to Save and Upload files on a Citrix Desktop)
- Apple Safari 7 or later
- Google Chrome 50 or later
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Mozilla Firefox 35 or later
- Open one of the following supported browsers from the list above.
- Navigate to https://myapps.fvtc.edu
- Sign in using your FVTC username and password
- Click the ‘Use Light Version’ blue link
- You should now be logged in and ready to use any desktop or application
Now you are ready to use Citrix in the Browser. You will notice when you click a desktop, or application…it will now run in the browser as a separate tab.