Install Software Using Software Center
Many software applications not pre-installed on FVTC computers can be installed through Software Center.
Scheduled releases of computer security and software updates can also be manually installed through Software Center during a more convenient time prior to their automatic upgrade dates.
Search for and select the Software Center Desktop app from the Windows start menu.
In Software Center, along the left:
- Select Applications to view and install additional software.
- Select Updates to install scheduled updates and patches prior to the automated update process.
To install an Application,
- Browse/search for an application.
- Click to select the application. A red Install button will display if the selected software is available.
It is strongly recommended that you close all open programs prior to installing a new application or upgrade. Some open programs can interfere with the installation process.
- Click Install and wait for the installation to complete.
- Once the installation has completed, locate and run the new application in the Windows start menu.