Outlook | Delete your Outlook Shortcuts
This document describes how to delete a suggested Outlook Shortcut
Outlook frequently likes to suggest names that you have typed in the past when sending out emails. While the feature is helpful, there are other times that these shortcuts become old, incorrect and outdated. Here's how to delete those:
- Begin typing the address you have used in the past.
- When the address appears as a suggestion, look for the "X" next to it.
- Click on that "X" to delete it from your shortcut suggestions.
- Re-type the address manually or re-pick the address from the address lists.
You can also clear your entire Autocomplete Cache to empty all previous suggested addresses. Here's how:
- In the Outlook main window, click the File menu.
- From the File menu, click the Options button.
- In the Options, click the Mail tab and scroll down to the Send Messages section.
- Click the Empty Auto-Complete List button.
- A confirmation box will appear, click Yes.