Topics Map > Citrix
Getting Started with Citrix on Windows
This document explains the process of installing the Citrix receiver on Windows 7 & 10 for use with Fox Valley Technical College’s virtual applications and desktops.
Accessing the virtual applications
We recommend using the website myapps.fvtc.edu to access the applications and desktops. You may also get there by going to the FVTC college
website www.fvtc.edu and clicking on MyFVTC in the upper right corner of the page. Once there, click on the Virtual Applications & Software button.
From there, clicking the Virtual Application Access button will take you to the log in screen. This ensures consistency across devices and applications.
The recommended browser is Microsoft Internet Explorer. Google Chrome will work but it does not detect the Citrix receiver correctly and so is not recommended.
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Navigate to myapps.fvtc.edu
3. Sign in using your FVTC Username and Password
4. The website will check to see if Citrix Receiver is installed
5. Check the "I agree with the Citrix license agreement" box and click the Install button.
6. The Citrix Reciever will download to your computer
7. When Internet Explorer prompts to Run, Save, or Cancel...choose Run (if you choose save, you must run the installer from the file path you specify...it will not auto run)
8. Once the Citrix Receiver installer starts choose Start
9. Accept the license agreement and click Next
10. Make sure 'Enable single sign-on' is NOT checked and click Install
11. Once the install is done, click Finish
12. Internet Explorer should now be logged into MyApps