Duo | First Time Users Guide
PLEASE NOTE! BEFORE YOU BEGIN: You will need to have a valid FVTC ID number and password.
Download the App
We highly recommend downloading the Duo app for the best user experience. It can be found in both iTunes and Google Play Stores.
The logo looks like this:
If you choose not to download the app, you would set up your cell phone as a landline.
Set up your Duo Account
Step 1: Go to staff.fvtc.edu and sign in with your FVTC ID number and password.
Step 2: Click on the Complete Duo Enrollment button.
Step 3: Click Start Setup to begin.
Step 4: Choose the device you would like to enroll, either as a mobile device or land line.
If you decided to use the APP (MOBILE DEVICE)
If you decided to use a LANDLINE
- For the best experience, we highly recommend using a smart phone. However, it is not required.
- You can use landline phones, such as your FVTC desk phone, a personal home landline or cell phone. We recommend having multiple options.
- IF NONE OF THESE OPTIONS ARE CONVENIENT: You can request a hardware token (shown here), which will generate a unique code for your login attempts.
- Request one by calling the helpdesk: 920-735-5644.
How do I get in?
- Access your MyFVTC Account
- Append mode is used when there is no button to send a push or text box to enter a duo passcode.It uses this pattern when you enter your password: Your Password -- A Comma -- Then a command or codeSEND A PUSH TO THE DUOAPP ON YOUR PHONEUSE A CODE FROM YOURAPP OR YOUR TOKENHAVE DUO CALL YOURPRIMARY PHONE NUMBER
Example: MyPassword,push Example: MyPassword,123456 Example: MyPassword,phone1
Additional append mode information can be found on the official Duo Website here
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS? email@example.com or 920.735.5644