Email | Receiving encrypted FVTC email
This article describes how accessing encrypted email from FVTC works.
For FVTC staff, or other recipients with access to Outlook, Outlook on the web or Outlook mobile, the email should be viewable, without any additional steps.
It likely will include text in the email header identifying that it is an encrypted email.
For all other email recipients using other mail applications or web access, the following steps will be followed:
- The incoming email will have the following text (it will NOT show the body of the original email).
Click on Read the message.
- This will open a new window or a new tab in your default web browser:
Click on Sign in with a One-time passcode.
- You can confirm the the email was sent by seeing the following in that same tab.
- Check your email account for a one time passcode from Microsoft.
- Enter in the code.
- You now have access to the original message in a safe environment and the message has been encrypted from point to point.