Chromebooks | USB Access using Citrix Workspace
Use these steps to pass USB devices and thumb drives to your Citrix Virtual Desktop on your Chromebook.
This is a first time setting - that once set -- any USB devices should work, or "pass-through" to your Citrix Environments.
- Insert your USB device in the Chromebook
- You might see the following screen pop-up.
If you can, click on Open Settings which will take you to Step 8
If not, follow to Step 3!
- Click on your Time in the lower right corner.
- Click on the Settings gear icon.
- Click on Device on the right side of the screen.
- Click on Storage Management.
- Click on External Storage Preferences.
- Click on the switch to turn it blue -- so it is enabled
- Then you'll want to remove the USB device -- if it is a thumb drive, do the following.
All other devices can be unplugged and skip to Step 12.
Click on the Round dot in the left corner and search for Files.
- Click on the Files icon.
- Click on the Eject Button next to the USB drive.
- Launch Citrix Workspace
- Click on the Settings gear icon in the top right corner
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Advanced.
- Click on Use Device Storage
- Select Full Access.
- Verify that Full Access is listed under Use Device Storage
- Then access your virtual desktop normally.
- Plug in your USB device.
- If it is a thumb drive or file storage --you should see the device appear in This PC.
If it is another type of device, the software should now recognize that device.