FOR COVID-19 SAFER AT HOME USE ONLY
While not ideal -- we understand that some logistical issues during the Governor's "Safer at Home" order might necessitate you removing your computer from campus to work from home.
We recommend taking a backpack or bag to carry items, as monitors must be carried separately.
Please use the following checklist:
- Verify that "Cisco AnyConnect" is installed on your computer.
Click on your Start Menu and search for "Cisco."
If you don't see this option, please scroll down to: How to Install Cisco AnyConnect for installation instructions.
- Take the Power Supply and the cable from the supply that plugs into your computer.
- Take the keyboard and mouse.
- Take one monitor, connection cable, and power cable. If needed, you can take a second, but carrying two is not advised, unless you have a safe way to transport the other equipment.
- Take webcam or speakers (if applicable).
- DO NOT TAKE YOUR POWER STRIP - please leave that behind.
Questions, please call the helpdesk before leaving campus 920.735.5644
How to Install Cisco AnyConnect
- Click on Start
- Type in "Software" to find Software Center
- Launch Software Center
- In the Applications tab, search for Cisco AnyConnect
- Click on the icon.
- Click on Install.
- Wait for the install to complete before shutting down your computer.
- For next steps, visit: Connecting to FVTC's Virtual Private Network (VPN)